What is Digital Photography?
- It is a form of photography that uses cameras containing arrays of electronic photodetectors to capture images focused by a lens, as opposed to an exposure on photographic film.
- The captured images are digitized and stored as a computer file. Digital photographs are created with computer-based photoelectric and mechanical techniques, and not wet bath chemical processing.
Digital Photograph's taken for
Light-Based Media Class
Digital Reproductions of Pin-Holes
Using a regular scanner to create an image representing the self.
How the objects represent me?
- An image of a painting of my a friend of mind created.
- A bracelet from the Church were I worked as a guide.
- A small mosaic piece I took from a Roman ruin in Tunisia, representing my love of travel and the classical era.
- A sea flower necklace from my family trip to the Canadian Maritimes which holds some of the best memories of times spent with my family.
- A souvenir coin from Peggy's Cove, representing the last family trip I will ever have.
- A pirate ship I drew on a ceramic tile I created representing my desire for adventure and love of all things artistic.
- A pocket watch representing my fear of time and appreciation for all old traditional things.
- A blue scarf which represents the color of sadness for the pain I endured in my past, a pain that made me the stronger person I am today.
- My favorite photographs of myself feathering different aspects of my personality such as my playful nature, my shy side, my dramatic side, etc....