Other Art Lesson Ideas
Here are some other lesson ideas for children as well as teenagers. These are lessons I have personally taken during my childhood, adolescence and during my art education studies.
- To encourage natural storytelling and public speaking skills.
- To gain a better understanding of Indigenous culture & foster cultural sensitivity.
- To learn more about animals.
- To foster independent research skills.
- To practice art skills such as drawing, painting or ceramics.
- To learn about symbolism.
Prototype: Ceramic Eagle by Sinthia Cousineau
Representing Elements of Nature
My Prototype: The Sun Mask, representing the element of fire.
Plaster Insect Tile
Plaster Tile of a Scorpian by Sinthia C.
Greek History Inspired Repoussé Art
Examples of repousse art by Sinthia Cousineau
My Identity Box representing my values, culture, gender, faith, and love of nature.
Intaglio Nature Themed Printing
What is Intaglio Printing?
- The family of printing and printmaking techniques in which the image is incised into a surface, and the incised line or sunken area holds the ink. It is the direct opposite of a relief print.
Animal Color Swatch
Mixed Media using clay, wood, and fabrics
- To create a surrealistic drawing that incorporates the technique of shading and composition.
Prototype: This is a drawing I did back when I was in grade 9. Not the best of my drawings but represents the idea of this lesson.